The Government’s focus on “digitising India” years ago has started taking effect and much has changed for the business fraternity, Startups and Entrepreneurs alike. Digital Media adoption continues to increase and the marketing community is happy no doubt, but paid media is increasing acquisition costs and organic traffic is the need of the day. As a Digital Marketing Agency here are our views on SEO and SEO 2020 trends.
Content is the new buzz word and creative challenges have increased with devices giving a huge boost to mobile marketing. Google Adwords has become Google Ads and has a new dashboard with much more intelligence for running search marketing campaigns. A mix of paid media advertising, website search optimisation, and social media content has started showing better results.
Advertising irrelevancy and in-the-face marketing are having a negative impact and organic search results seem to be the way to go for most consumers wanting more relevant answers to their search queries. Voice search is gaining and this has begun a new phase in search and an important aspect of SEO 2020 Trends. Google has started providing a Q & A format results for search queries. Mobile first is the mandate and Page Load speed has taken over many other SEO metrics as a critical parameter to rank a website.
Today, a highly optimized website not only means being search engine friendly with content but requires high-quality web development and a highly engaging UI / UX design. Technical SEO is here to stay.
Check out our list of SEO 2020 trends & key focus areas for search engine optimisation success.
- Website and Page Load Speed – Better be fast or lose a prospect. If the site page speed load time is not good, bounce rates will shoot up and that will impact SEO rankings. Creating lean and usable webpages that load fast is important for SEO 2020.
- UX or User Experience Design – The wow design is good to have but that must be complemented by user experience (UX) which enables your design and turns it into an engaging experience.
- On-Page SEO – This was never more important than today. Getting your SEO keywords right is still critical but getting your on-page SEO done professionally by an SEO Consulting Company will ensure better SEO success. It’s no longer URL, title, keywords, and description, there much more to getting your website on-page SEO done properly.
- Use Structured Data markups wherever possible – with the adoption of AI (artificial intelligence) in search algorithms there is an increased need to be relevant to the search user’s needs. Structured data gives google a better understanding of your page and its representative attributes for the search user. There is enough information available about structured data usage. Using appropriate schema pages based on information type, products, events, etc.
- Content is no longer about volume – Gone are the times when the critical aspect of the content strategy was volume, more keywords, and answering queries. The language, the tone, and the depth of information provided matter today. Engagement with content must lead to or guide a user to the next action, and that leads to pages within your website its awesome. What works best is content that solves problems, motivates people, and drives them towards a real solution. Hire a content writing agency and add to your websites SEO success.
- Featured Snippets and Position Zero – Search is turning into quite an experience itself. Over the year’s the presentation of search has evolved and today search results are based on loads of data crunching and machine learning abilities. There are answers, knowledge graph, image carousels, and more. This means you need to optimize for featured snippets also known as position zero. Check out traffic spikes once the snippet zing kicks in!
- Voice is the future – Talking to your phone which once sounded crazy and starship-enterprise-like is for real now and gaining popularity because it’s simply convenient to ask your phone to do it than type something. I have noticed that voice search results seem to be faster as well. Not too long ago the Google CEO had mentioned that voice searches are almost 20% of the overall and that today would have multiplied no doubt. To prepare for the voice search future you need to move away from how users will type to how they will convert their thoughts into speech. The freedom to search again without having to type means more possibilities. Long-tail keywords just got a huge leap as did the ability to ask questions to look for answers. We prepared long ago and many of our questions pop up on top of search already. Structured Meta Data is very important for success in search. Use it.
- Use Google My Business Smartly – Whilst considered only important for local search, google my business account has a larger role to play in an effective search engine optimisation strategy. Claim your Google my business page if not done already. Ensure that your name, address, and phone number (seos know it as NAP) are accurate. Use the introduction area for business pitching and ensure you provide a description of your products and services. That done associate your business listings with categories. Voice is critical for local search no doubt and having your business account in order will ensure higher traffic volumes from voice search local keywords which will impact your overall SEO progress.
- Use the Search Console (a.k.a. webmaster) -What is the search console? The Google Search Console is a free tool provided to all website owners by Google for the purpose of better optimisation of sites for search. It gives you important information for SEO, like the keywords your site ranks for, the ranking or position of the website on for those keywords, backlinks to your webpages, and more. And interestingly the search console also tells you about issues your site might have like 404 pages, other error pages, penalties requiring manual actions, mobile-friendliness, etc. Analyze search console data regularly and implement changes efficiently and you will see positive spikes in your SEO results.
- Video is the way to go – Video consumption is growing like never before. the television is now in your hands and the amount of content channels is just staggeringly high. A study by cisco suggests that around 82% of all consumer online traffic will involve video. So claim your vanity URLs first and then get cracking on the other youtube SEO optimization parameters.
- Lastly the element of CTR – yes, ctr has found its way into the search algorithm thanks to rankbrain which is a critical part of the search engines algorithm to present relevant search results. If a page ctr for a keyword is high then it’s relevant and the corresponding metrics are improving, viola! you have an opportunity to rank faster. So, as I have always said, keep relevancy high, bounce rates low, and CTR in check.
Should you need any assistance we will be happy to guide you with your business website SEO.