Building an e-commerce website can be challenging, especially if you are just starting. You must be confused with the varied choices you have.
So, let us help you out by addressing the ultimate checklist for your e-commerce website:
- Unique Domain
Building your e-commerce website begins with choosing a custom domain. It helps you develop a brand image with the aid of an appealing domain. You can check to see if your preferred domain is accessible using a variety of tools, such as business name generators.
- Create the standard pages:
Any online store needs some standard pages that must be added to the company’s website. Some visitors might want to see the history of your company, some might directly wish to jump to the products page. There are some mandatory pages that you should include while making an eCommerce website:
- Home page
- About us page
- Contact us
- FAQ page
- Product/service page
- Optimise your checkout process:
It is important to give your customers a seamless shopping experience. Many customers leave when they see some friction being created while making the purchase. While designing your website you must keep these things in check: Shoppers can easily remove/add items from their cart
- Shipping rates must be visible during check out
- Applying discounts must be easy if there are any
- Include multiple paying methods to make it easy for the customer
- The customer can raise the request easily if any issue occurs
- There is an automatic email you receive after the order confirmation
- There is an option for changing the language
- Determine your channels for sales
Along with your eCommerce website, many businesses are using different eCommerce websites to support their business and improve sales.
For example Indiamart, Amazon, Etsy, and other sites are there where businesses can promote their products/services. It is important to determine which site will work for you and the best way to determine this is by looking at your competitors. Analyse where they are promoting their products so you can also benefit from it.
- Optimise your website with SEO
To make your website rank and people recognize your products/services you must optimise it with a proper SEO strategy. You can consult a digital marketing agency to help you perfect this bit as it is an important step in your journey to success in online marketing.
Optimising your website with SEO often includes:
- Keyword research: the first thing will be to find the keywords your clients must be using to search for your products or services.
- Keyword optimization: The next step will be to add your keywords to your meta descriptions, headings, and titles.
- Optimise images: you also must add alt texts to all the images you are using on your website.
- Sitemap: create a sitemap for your website and submit it to google so the crawlers can identify the data you provided.
- Content marketing: use blogs to rank your keywords.
- Use analytical tools:
To analyse how much time a customer is spending on your website or his engagement it is important to analyse your website. Many businesses use these analytical tools like Google Analytics which helps you track your users’ journey and analyse what services or products they are liking. It helps you in improving your sales strategy as you will be aware which product is selling more or less.
- Tax and shipping rates:
Always set your taxes and shipping rates for whatever you are selling. It will enhance the transparency between you and your customer and also makes the purchase easy.
- Test before you launch
It is one of the most important steps for your business. Before launching your eCommerce site, make sure you test it; you must check all the CTAs, working methods, and marketing or email campaigns are in place to give a seamless experience to your customers. Make sure your first impression is unforgettable to your customer with the smooth and easy website scrolling.
The ecommerce website is your business/ service portfolio and is doing the business for you when you are asleep. You can always partner up with a web design agency to help you reach perfection with your website.
Make sure when it does the talking it is impactful!